Founded. Operated. Exited. 360° Venture Experience.
- Serial IT entrepreneur, operators, and VC leader
- Founded and bootstrapped an enterprise IT consultancy to over 300 US-Based FTEs, exited
- Three decades of experience in enterprise software/product development and sales
- Partner at Jumpstart, leading mentoring programs and advising high-tech startups for NE Ohio's leading venture development firm
- 35 years of CFO experience in VC-backed life science ventures
- Former CFO of Myonexus, leading $245M exit to Sarepta for 100x ROI
- Former Manager Director of life sciences VC CID Capital, directing 70 investments, w/ over $280 AUM
- Former VP of Life Sciences Commercialization, Battelle
- Medical devices executive, 20 years experience in clinical trials, research, and product development
- Principal at Waterston, a life sciences and MedTech de-risking and commercialization studio
- Founded and sold mCore, a mobile cardiac unit preventing sudden cardiac arrest for athletes
- Leadership at Merit Medical, Acutus, EBR Systems, St. Jude Medical (now Abbott)
- Former CEO of The Longaberger Company - the industry leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of hand-crafted wooden baskets and accessories.
- Former Chair of The Ohio State University Board of Trustees
- Venture capital partner and consultant for defense and space industries
- Vice-President of the Financial Research Advisory Committee of the US Treasury
- President and Member of the Board of the Longaberger Family Foundation
- Board member of the International Republican Institute (IRI), a Washington, D.C.-based organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide and has worked on International Election Observation teams to Georgia, Jordan, Tunisia, Ukraine and Ghana.
100+ Years of Experience in Early Stage VC & PE
Our investment committee was thoughtfully assembled to serve as stewards of our LP's funds, a curated mix of disciplined investment acumens that culminate in a well-rounded diligence paradigm for our firm, while complementing the operational prowess of our management team. With a carefully crafted mix of seasoned Silicon Valley alumni experienced in early-stage venture investing and private equity managers focused on profitability and timely returns, we bring the value-conscious mindset of Ohioans to the table at every deal.
- Seasoned Chief Investment Officer for early stage venture capital, ex banker
- Former Managing Partner of First Check Fund within Alumni Ventures, seeding 42 early-stage portfolio companies
- Spent 13 years as the CIO of Jumpstart Ventures, performing diligence on and investing in over 80 portfolio companies
- Former M&A Exec, KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Private Equity veteran, bringing a diverse and disciplined perspective to our investment committee table
- VP of Investment at Crane Group, one of Ohio’s largest single family offices
- Former Vice President and Director at Stonehenge Capital, a private equity firm with AUM in excess of $3 BN
- Former Financial Analyst at P&G
- Public Equity Portfolio Manager at SWS Partners, a Columbus-based investment firm
- Former Public Equity Analyst at Ohio Public Employee Retirement System, a public pension with AUM >100 BN
- Former Quantitative Market Risk Analyst, KeyBank
- Veteran of Silicon Valley & Midwest VC
MICHAEL TRIPLETT, PhD
- Founder, Operator, CEO, Scientist
- Life sciences veteran with 25 years experience in pharma and R&D
- Alum of Battelle and Procter & Gamble
- Turned $2.5M seed into $250M+ liquidity in two years, with sales of Myonexus to Sarepta Therapeutics
GARY BOOTH, PhD
- Spent 32 years in developing products for Procter & Gamble, including Bounty, Folgers, Pantene Shampoo, and Oil of Olay products
- Chair of Technology Oversight Committee for the college of Arts and Sciences
- Founder and CEO of Starshine Energy, operating solar farms in Eastern Kentucky
- Software entrepreneur and founder of OnSeen, a command & control platform for mobile healthcare teams
- Civil Affairs Officer for US Army Reserve
- Rhodes Scholar and graduate of the University of Oxford
- Former captain of OSU Football team
- Alum of CompuServe and AOL
- Executive roles at Austin internet startups
- 25 years as entrepreneur and active Angel investor
- Founder and CEO of SmartPaint, OSU spinoff and advanced materials/nanotechnology company with applications in aerospace, energy, mobility, and other markets
DAVID WILLIAMS, PhD
- B.A, M.A., Ph.D. and Sc.D. from Cambridge University
- Former Dean of the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University
- Author of 13 textbooks, 450 publications
- Former CIO of Jumpstart Ventures
- Former Senior Vice President of Public Affairs for Starbucks
- Former Vice President & Senior Counsel to the L Brands Corporation
- Chairman of Grant Street Partners, a global public affairs firm
- Of Counsel at Barnes Thornburg
- Two time OSU graduate with a law degree from The Moritz College of Law and a Masters’ Degree in Sports Management from The School of Human Ecology and Education
- Serial entrepreneur who has founded several companies dedicated to Fortune 500 company marketing and corporate incentive programs.
- Graduate and four-year letter winner Varsity O athlete of The Ohio State University.
- Columbus Zoo Board member for 25 years including development and management of Jack Hanna’s global film trips.
- Rotarian that has create multiple non-profit initiatives and organizations including working as part of Ohio State’s Global One Health Initiative.
BUILD WITH US
When it's time to choose a partner, let's build something together.
Discover the Carmen advantage when the time is right for you. With our partnerships, industry knowledge, and unwavering support, we're here to help founders thrive, LPs win, and our ecosystem succeed.Contact Us